News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I played Elfs; I feel dirty *wink*

Started by Matt Wilson, June 03, 2003, 11:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Wilson

Last night was a disturbingly fun game of Elfs run by Clinton at our Monday night gathering.

I played a plain mean Elf named Wype, with (of course) an anal fixation.

I'm proud to say that Wype killed him no less than three stupid paladins (stupid may be an understatement) and a large mastiff and took their stuff. Right before he was eaten by a demon, he had amassed 100 coins.

Anyway, I found the style of play to be really fun, and really challenging. I started running out of good low-cunning ideas somewhere in the middle of the game, so I figure my best bet would be to be a little more thrifty with 'em and use them when the situation is dire.

Fun low-cunning ideas:

pushing Alan's elf (Dozer) into the underbrush to see what the noise was, so Wype could surprise it.

Pulling a rug out from under a paladin's feet.

Standing between a paladin's legs so the other paladin couldn't easily attack Wype.

Thanks to Laura for pointing out that an elf with an anal fixation is a powerful counterattack to a sorceress with flame spells. As Clinton narrated, "It's like the movie Backdraft for a few moments."

And go Alan, whose elf actually managed, um, a seduction.

Two paladins.

At the same time.

That says it all, doesn't it? Better than any game I played when I was 15.

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

QuoteRight before he was eaten by a demon, he had amassed 100 coins.

But he didn't get to spend those coins, did he? And that means he didn't get any advancement points, ha! Ha! That's because you suck!

See, when you play Elfs, it's OK to say that. It's especially OK if someone said it and made you squirt tears when you played D&D as a teenager.

Thanks for posting, Matt. Elfs gets a bad rap sometimes.

Best,
Ron

Clinton R. Nixon

We had classic Elfs names: Wype, Dozer (the ulti-stoner elf), and Nightshade. You couldn't ask for anything better.

The adventure I ran was actually the same one as you can find here, so there's not much to add. I did find it interesting that even though the characters were horrible little beasts, one player was saddened when I brutally killed them all at the end of the adventure, my favorite Elfs one-shot trick. I actually ret-conned my statement, leaving it with a cliffhanger as the elfs were about to be eaten by a demon, instead of actually being eaten.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games