News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

My RPG Review

Started by Morfedel, June 03, 2003, 08:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morfedel

Ok, my review is up on RPG.NET.

It wasn't overly positive, and in one area I may have been a bit too harsh, but don't flame me, because overall I gave it positive marks! :)

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/9/9361.phtml

Brian Leybourne

On the whole it's not a bad review at all, there's certainly no need to apologise for it.

Although my pet peeve (since you like that term so much) is writing a review and not spell/grammar checking it before submission. Made it very painful to read at times.

However, all press is good press as they say. Well done.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Morfedel

Odd; I didn't spell/grammer check it, but that's because, generally, my spelling and grammer is very good. Not perfect, but very good. I have an english minor, and have done some professional writing as well.

As such, it shouldn't have been THAT bad; granted, I wrote it before heading to bed, was tired, and was in a rush, but still, it shouldn't have been so bad as to make it hard to read?!

The only thing I know I did was that I have this bad tendency to leave out apostrophes, typing dont instead of don't, for instance, but still....

I'll have to go back and look at it. All in all, I find your comment very disturbing that I may have written a piece rife with spelling / grammar flaws.

Other than that, though, yes; I was careful to say that the items in question were pet peeves, and not flaws in the system, because I know in some cases people would not care, or even disagree. I was attempting to be honest there. :)

*Spelling hard enough to make it hard to read? Damn, I need to look that over again....*

Morfedel

Well, I did a spell check; taking out the words I intentionally misspell (slang, leaving out apostrophes, etc), I had 25 misspelled words.

Most of them were "particularly" or "proficiency". I knew how to spell those words, yet I ROUTINELY misspelled them in the review. What was up with that?

There were only three words that I misspelled, thinking them to be spelled correctly. The rest were my typing too fast and not double-checking, sigh....

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Morfedel*Spelling hard enough to make it hard to read? Damn, I need to look that over again....*

I didn't say hard to read, I said painful to read.

And that's really only because I'm anally pedantic, so I wouldn't worry too much about it :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Morfedel

Better start spell-checking everything you type from now on, Spelling-Bee-Boy!

;)

heh

Claymore

I thought the review was fair and addressed many of the concerns I have had as well. Good Job!

Claymore
George
Driftwood Publishing
claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: MorfedelBetter start spell-checking everything you type from now on, Spelling-Bee-Boy!

;)

heh

Eye doo, aynd mi spealling iz olways purfict. :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Morfedel

Gah! No! Not again!!!!1
*James falls over, his eyes bleeding....*

Oh, and thanks clay. :)

Callan S.

I still say don't sweat the small stuff! :)
Philosopher Gamer
<meaning></meaning>

prophet118

dont worry bout brian, thats just how he is... hehe

"cheer up brian"

dont make me start singing... hehe
"Congratulations you have won, its a years subscription of bad puns.."

Check out my art site! http://prophet118.deviantart.com
Wanna Buy a Poster?  http://www.deviantprints.com/~prophet118/

arxhon

As a fellow reviewer, i say "Well Done." :-)

I like how you were fair with your analysis on the game, rather than all "WooHoo! This game rules!" or "Blarg! TRoS Suxxors!"

Oh, Brian, you forgot an 'l' in spaelling.