News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

"Unpublishable" Games: Where to discuss?

Started by Jeph, June 04, 2003, 04:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeph

The Indie Design forum is a place where we can help each other build games that are, hopefully, going to be eventually published. However, there's a whole class of games that can never be officially published, because of Copyright infringement. Games based off of The Matrix and Lord of the Rings being the most probable, with Star Wars coming in behind.

I have such a game, specifically a Narrativist, slightly Simulationist (exploration of character/color) one for Middle Earth roleplaying. Now, if I wanted to discuss this game on the Forge, where would I put it? At the moment I am thinking that I should put the .pdf on a Yahoo group (having no where else to put it), and after this weekend's playtest post an Actual Play report with a link to the .pdf.

Is this a satisfactory solution?

Thanks,
-Jeff S.
Jeffrey S. Schecter: Pagoda / Other

Ron Edwards

Hi Jeph,

That's a wonderful solution. You can also feel free to post anything about its mechanics or whatnot in RPG Theory, using the same link, as long as the post is focused on a principle-based inquiry.

Oh yes, all pending the confirmation that you aren't releasing or planning to release this game for commercial purposes.

Best,
Ron

Jeph

Thanks for the prompt response!

Quote from: Ron Edwards
Oh yes, all pending the confirmation that you aren't releasing or planning to release this game for commercial purposes.

Best,
Ron

Heh. 14 year olds usually don't get major title rights. ;-)

-Jeff S.
Jeffrey S. Schecter: Pagoda / Other