News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Legend of the 5 Rings + Sorcerer = S5R

Started by Bankuei, June 04, 2003, 06:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bankuei

Hi folks,

I'll let it speak for itself:

Sorcerer of the 5 Rings...

QuoteWhat is S5R?

S5R is my personal conversion of AEG's wonderful setting of Rokugan in their Legend of the 5 Rings roleplaying and card game to another rpg system, Ron Edward's Sorcerer.  Why?  Because while L5R is rich and filled with great stories of drama, betrayal and sacrifice, the rules are somewhat limited in making that happen.  You pretty much have to push that sort of agenda, otherwise you just get samurai hack and slash.  Sorcerer, on the other hand, is all about the drama.  So I figured I'd merge the two things I like.  I love both games, and would love to see support for them both, enjoy.

Find it here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/indie-netgaming/files/Sorcerer%20of%20the%205%20Rings/

Since my L5R collection is across the country, I'll leave stuff like statting up each individual sword school and nasty Shadowlands minion to the more zealous amongst you.

Chris

Bailywolf

Hey, neat.  I sort of liked L5R... but the metaplot and the mechanics didn't grab me at all.  I'll read it and then perhaps have something useful to say on it.

-Ben