News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerer Main Book Questions

Started by Lxndr, June 07, 2003, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lxndr

This time a short one.  I've searched (both here in the forum and in the "you don't have to sign up for them" parts of the Sorcerer website) and didn't find answers.  Please help!

1.  On page 44 of Sorcerer, it says "If a sorcerer Banishes a demon whose current Power exceeds the sorcerer's Will, that rates a Humanity gain roll."  Yet on page 87, it says, under Banishing, "The successful sorcerer may make a Humanity Gain roll if the demon's Power was greater than his or her Humanity."

Which did Ron mean?  Power exceeding Will, or Power exceeding Humanity?  Or both?

2.  On page 49 of Sorcerer, it says "Possessors may or may not have the ability Cover..."  On page 53, under Cover, it says "Possessor demons automatically have this ability."

Which is true?  Do they automatically have it, or not?  If they do have it automatically, does it count as an ability for the purposes of determining the demon's Lore score?
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Trevis Martin

The first question is its Humanity, not will per the errata posted on the Sorcerer site under "The Game/errata" Which is a non sign-up part I think.

http://www.sorcerer-rpg.com/brochure.php/errata.html

I haven't found the other one yet, but I think he might mean Passer rather than possesser in the Cover ability...  I'm sure I saw it somethwere...

regards,

Trevis

Lxndr

Jeez, how did I not find the errata on the page?
Thank you for the link and the answer :)

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

Yes, Passers have the Cover ability, but Possessors may or may not. In either case, the ability counts toward the demon's Lore total.

As written, the only ability which does not count toward its Lore total is the "passive Cloak" of inconspicuous demons. I now greatly regret this rule, but that's what's in the text, anyway.

Best,
Ron

Lxndr

Thank you, Ron!  It might help to add that to the errata page.  :)

Overall, I'm impressed.  Your errata pages are rather miraculously light in entries, compared to many other game publishers.

Ron Edwards

It's added at the Errata page.

Best,
Ron