News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Pool Variation: Court of the Dragon Emperor

Started by dragongrace, June 05, 2003, 02:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragongrace

http://home.earthlink.net/~jjeskiewicz/CoDE.html

I've put together a little game called Court of the Dragon Emperor that relies on the Pool as the core to the system.  To see all of what I've put togehter go tot he web page, but the first paragraph is this:

CODE is a game about animals trying to better themselves through intrigue, adventure, and conspiracy. The principle characters in the game are animals. These are not like Furries, Muppets, The Questing Beast, or any animal human hybrids. These animals are more akin to Animal Farm, Charlotte's Web, or Aesop's Fables. CODE incorporates all animals as members of the court but only the 12 animals of the Chinese Zodiac matter in the courts hierarchical structure. Also only the 12 Animals of the Chinese Zodiac possess a degree of power as their animal type and in the elements.

I will also be putting together a very similar game just for the record called Pantheon of the Ram, which if you read CoDE, you'll immediately see where that is going.

I also wanted to post this here so James can see that he's famous at least in my mind now. : )

Cheers.

JOE--
happily wearing the hat of the fool.

Mike Holmes

Hey, some anti-pool action I see. When are you going to playtest? :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

dragongrace

Not sure yet.  My evenings look pretty much filled from here until eternity.  So any playtest on my part will have to be done via e-mail.  But there seems to be a few games going on in the Indie-netgaming board already.

JOE--
happily wearing the hat of the fool.

Mike Holmes

Quote from: dragongraceBut there seems to be a few games going on in the Indie-netgaming board already.
I've yet to see any game presented there not get a full compliment of players. Can't hurt to at least ask.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

James V. West

Cool. Just really damn cool.

We have a nice local Chinese restaurant that has the zodiac on their placemats. Every time I go there I look at it and think "Hmmm... there's an RPG in there. I can smell it."

And here it is!

James V. West

Oh yeah, I added this to The Pool Variations page at my website.