News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The quest begins here...

Started by James V. West, June 08, 2003, 11:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James V. West

The Questing Beast is now available!

Instead of Print-on-demand, I opted to desktop publish the game. It is a 32-page book, comb bound with a silver metallic motif on a red cover. I'm including 5 hand-stencilled dice with every copy.

Special thanks to Paganini for his incredible editorial support and thanks to The Forge for providing the ultimate sounding-board any game designer could hope for!

Lxndr

Holy wow.
HAND-STENCILLED dice?

One question though:  How many sides are these dice?  Or is the surprise part of the advertisement?
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

James V. West

I don't want to build people up over the dice so I'll describe them.

Ingredients: Standard cubes of wood (craft secion of any large department store), a stencil with some nice roses and thorns and leaves and stuff, red and black brush pens.

Process: Found the roses that would fit the dice, stencilled them. In place of a one, there is a red rose. In place of the six, there is a black rose. All other sides are blank. Hard to work on such a small surface, btw.

Just thought I'd toss them in as a bonus so you could use them for (drum roll please...) Bonus Dice!

C. Edwards

Verah schweet! Looks like I've got my next rpg purchase lined up. :)

Now, if I could only get my hands on Black Wing. ;)

-Chris

James V. West

Quote from: C. EdwardsNow, if I could only get my hands on Black Wing. ;)

Heh heh. I'm on it. Gonna take some more time, though.

lumpley

My copy came!  And it's sweet!  And the dice are cool!  And the cover design is simple and beautiful - James, it's hand-stencilled, right?

-Vincent

James V. West

Yeah, hand-stencilled. Some were done by my wife, Dawna, some were done by me. But the design is hers. I like it!