News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Auto E-mail (PM) Deletion?

Started by Kester Pelagius, June 08, 2003, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kester Pelagius

Greetings,

Is there anyway to set up the board so that the members can set their e-mail to be automatically deleted after a specific amount of time?

For me I'd like to set e-mail to auto-delete anything that's older than 3 months or so but presently the only way to do that is manually.  Not that I have a huge mass of e-mail or anything, just be something that I'd like to do if possible.

Course if the board does allow you to do this and I've just managed not to realize it, I apologize and humbly ask where the setting for the feature is.  Thanks much!

Kind Regards,

Kester Pelagius

edit: By e-mail I of course mean PMs.  Sorry for any confusion.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri

Clinton R. Nixon

Kester,

It's not a feature, and there is an inbox limit, so PMs are deleted after you have X of 'em (where X = 200, I think.)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Kester Pelagius

Greetings,

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon
It's not a feature, and there is an inbox limit, so PMs are deleted after you have X of 'em (where X = 200, I think.)

Does that apply to old mail or new mail once the message box reaches 100% capacity?

Otherwise there's mods that'll allow users to make the deletion time sensitive far as you know though.  Guess I just have stop being lazy, eh?  ;)

Kind Regards,

Kester Pelagius
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri