News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Shonen Jump- Lots of Sorcerer stories...

Started by Bankuei, June 10, 2003, 04:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bankuei

Hi folks,

Picked up another copy of the japanese comic "Shonen Jump", which is a monthly anthology of manga, many of which are very much Sorcerer stories.  Current ongoing stories that may be of interest to folks-

Sandland-
Post apocalyptic world, with an old general and two demons(literally) seeking a legendary source of fresh water.  Fairly light hearted, but action packed.

Yu-Gi-Oh!
You've got a teenage boy with the "Millenium Puzzle" amulet, an alter ego that is "not nice", and a load of mystically inflicted poetic justice.  

Shaman King-
He's a shaman who summons ghosts, binds them to his will, and they possess him, granting him strength and skill.  He goes around busting bad ghosts and fighting bad shamans.

Yuyu Hakusho-
He's on the verge between life and death, and is alternately helps fellow lost souls or else possesses people to help and protect them.  Human become demon, struggling to be human again story.

Considering that the above four stories are ongoing, and that makes up at least half of a given issue, you've got lots of good Sorcerer inspiration happening right there.

Chris

Nev the Deranged

Alright, I can see why you might have left out Dragon Ball Z, which although it could be done in Sorcerer, would probably not find as comfy a home there as it might elsewhere... but you can't leave out the fantastic One Piece.

It's the tale of Luffy D. Monkey, who aspires to be the greatest pirate of all time by finding the legendary "One Piece", the treasure to eclipse all treasures.  Did I mention that Luffy ate the "Gum Gum Fruit" from the Devil Tree and that it gives him amazing powers of elasticity?  Of course, the curse prevents him from being able to swim, which could be a slight problem for a seafaring captain...

It might not be as obvious as some of the other choices in Shonen Jump, but as a humorous aside it would be pretty cool.

I have a few extra copies of SJ (among other comics, computer games, and miscellaneous crap) laying around... I'd love to swag some folks with all of it but the logistics of said swagging are problematic at best...