News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

But what about Origins?

Started by ethan_greer, June 11, 2003, 05:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethan_greer

There's a lot of talk around here about GenCon Indy, and who all is going, and the booth that will be there, and such like.  But, I'm not going to GenCon this year.  I am going to make it to Origins, though, so I'm wondering if there are any "Forgey" things going on there.  What's the scoop?

Mike Holmes

Hmmm. I don't know about "Forgey" per se, but lots of us will be there. And we usually manage to find each other, and usually play at least a game or two. I'm remembering last years InSpectres game, and no, I don't want to talk about it. ;-)

I'm certain that a few such games will happen this year. Looking for something in particular?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Chris Passeno

I can't wait.

I would like to suggest TROS.  I'm still kicking myself for not getting in on Jake's game last year.

But really, any game is good with these guys.

[sitting impatiently]
Chris

ethan_greer

I'm only going to be there Saturday-Sunday, and a large chunk of time Saturday night is at the Smithee Awards (which I highly, highly recommend if you enjoy laughing your ass off).

As far as looking for something particular, I'm not really.  Just kinda releasing a balloon and seeing who shoots it.  I might've known it'd be Holmes...  :)  But now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind playing Donjon, or Trollbabe, or Universalis, or octaNe, or TROS, or hell, I'd even be willing to try that Sorcerer thing I keep hearing about.

So, maybe our paths will cross, and that would be cool.  If not, then that's cool too.

Ben Morgan

I was wondering when someone was going to get around to asking about this.

About a week after last year's Origins, I decided that nothing in this universe was going to stop me from going this year (not even a year and a half of unemployment). Now it's about two weeks away, and I was starting to get worried because no one has been talking about it yet.

-- Ben
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Ben MorganAbout a week after last year's Origins, I decided that nothing in this universe was going to stop me from going this year (not even a year and a half of unemployment). Now it's about two weeks away, and I was starting to get worried because no one has been talking about it yet.

Ben Morgan, live and in concert! I'll be there the whole blessed con. I'll do my damndest not to run anything. :)

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Matt Snyder

I'll be there as well, along with my pal Flash (who lurks here frequently). We're eager to see some Forge faces and play some games. We're BIG Riddle of Steel fans, for one. And, I could always run either some Dust Devils or a "playtest" of Nine Worlds. But, like Jared, I wanna PLAY too! ;)
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

ethan_greer

I'll be getting TROS from my FLGS within a week or so (special order).  I'll bring it to Origins.  I will look for one or more of y'all, and hopefully we can play.  That would be very cool.  It would have to be late night Saturday, though.

Jason L Blair

I'm going to be there for some heavy wheelin' and dealin'. I'm also making it my personal mission to get Jared to run something.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Jason L BlairI'm going to be there for some heavy wheelin' and dealin'. I'm also making it my personal mission to get Jared to run something.

And mayhap he'll turn the tables on you, and get you to run a game, oh most non-GMing of designers. Getting a game out of Blair is about as easy as getting the truth out of an Iraqi Information Minister.

QuoteI might've known it'd be Holmes...
What? You don't mean to imply that I play a lot, do you?

I'm geting a big TROS vibe. How about something set in the Brand New Taveruun setting material? Interested? If so, let's hack out the basics here on characters. That is, concepts first so they can all mesh, then stats and such after.

Mike

Adam

I'll be there and will definately be looking forward to seeing some of you guys again and meeting the ones I haven't. I suspect I won't have any time for actually gaming, though.

Mike Holmes

(Which means that Adam is asking us to Shanghai him. Which we will.)

Chris Passeno

[rap's fingers together in a Burnsian way]... Excellent.