News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Riddle Adventure Trailers

Started by Judd, February 21, 2003, 11:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd

Quote from: wolfsongPelinore (the king in question) is actually one of my major NPC's

One of the major story arcs is going to be the PC's discovering Pelinore's kingdom and restoring him to the throne. (here's the spoiler: Pelinore is actually Oberon.)

Having someone play his son would be amazingly cool.

That is fantastic.  Thanks for sharing.  I am in awe.

There is a big budget Arthur movie coming out that is said to be going for more of a Braveheart, Gladiator cinema-realism feel to it.  It sounds nifty.  Your trailer reminded me of it.

But I think your trailer is way, way cooler.

He's Oberon...awesome.

Jasper the Mimbo

*blush* Aw, shucks.

Just wait till I bring out the Horned King  and (dun dun DUN) the Cauldron.

Just who was the Wild Hunt hunting anyway? More importantly, why?
List of people to kill. (So far.)

1. Andy Kitowski
2. Vincent Baker
3. Ben Lehman
4. Ron Edwards
5. Ron Edwards (once isn't enough)

If you're on the list, you know why.

Draigh

How about this one...

The Riddle of... ummm.... huh?

You awaken... the first thought that flits across your mind is that you head hurts... bad.  Reflexively you start to reach up to touch your head, and a weight slips from between your fingers.. you sit up, and see a sword lying beside you.  The first question that comes to mind is "Why have I been sleeping in this field?", and it is soon followed by "Who am I?"

That's right folks... total amnesia.
Your player's character got bonked on the head, and now it's all gone.  All that's left is a flash of a girl's face, or perhaps something from their childhood, or maybe a group of friends lying around them dead.

That's how my current game started, and it's been great.
Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.

Judd

The Mythic Gates
The Riddle of Steel

Your mother is a Dragon.  She gained her Draconic status from her years as a hero.  The way she fought, hoarded, protected her own and surrounded herself with magic turned her into the fierce beast she is today.  Once she was human and young like you.

Her kingdom has allies, friends from her adventurous youth.  The Rukh to the north took a heroic leap from a skyship to save an innocent's life.  He went through the Mythic Gate during his descent, becoming a hawk the size of a castle.  The Griffon in the valley to the south was a ferocious, proud and valiant warrior.  His steps through the Gate came after winning a princess's hand at the Tournament.

Her kingdom has enemies, not all steps through the Mythic Gate are valiant, some gain their foothold by the atrocities they commit.

It is time for you to leave your mother's lair-keep, find the beast that your destiny has in store for you.  Your actions will determine the form of your turning.  Inaction leads to a gray death stuck in a human form.  Only epic heroism will take you through the Mythic Gate.

Judd

Quote from: DraighHow about this one...

You awaken... the first thought that flits across your mind is that you head hurts... bad.  Reflexively you start to reach up to touch your head, and a weight slips from between your fingers.. you sit up, and see a sword lying beside you.  The first question that comes to mind is "Why have I been sleeping in this field?", and it is soon followed by "Who am I?"

I love the idea of that first moment the character picks up a sword and thinks, "Hm...well, that feels familiar."

Sounds like a whole lot of fun.

Mayhem1979

Quote from: DraighHow about this one...

That's right folks... total amnesia.

Yeah amnesia campaigns are fun, I've run one twice now... if I can find another player I hope to run another one.  See below....

The Shattered moon... (a slight modification to a campaign I've run twice now with at least decent success)

Intro for player one

Alright... everything's kinda fuzzy... but your pretty sure that the important things will come back to you if you just have patience.  I mean people don't forget things as basic as their names do they?  Of course people can aslo usually remember how they got out into the middle of nowhere wearing nothing but a funny ring and a key on a chain around their neck too...  oh well, until it comes back to you, the moon that looks like a shattered marble is actually kinda pretty.

Intro for everyone else.

Alright, the bright light that came from the east and shattered one of the moons two weeks ago attracted every riddle seeker, priest, king, and scholar on the planet.  Admittedly everyone seems to be looking into for their own reasons, but still the competition for whatever it is out there is brutal.  Of course, you have an advantage... you've have your dreams.

Yeah, you're not sure if you buy it either... that undercooked meat pie you bought from that Dibbler fellow probably had more to do with it that naything else.  But still, it's better than nothing, and why in the world would you hallucinate about a funny looking key and ring?  And why the heck is that guy lying naked in the middle of a field twenty miles from any town?  

Do what you will with it, but the volunteer player gets a partially BLANK character sheet... nothing but basic stats, appearance, and general temperment.  Skills, SA's (other than luck and Conscience), proficienceies, gifts/flaws (unless its appearance or temperment related), vagaries, name... are all blank.  The Senchal gets the complete version.

They get to figure that stuff out as the game goes along.

Draigh

yeah, definately a blank sheet if you've got an amnesiatic...

That's what I gave my player... and he said "This is my character sheet?"

Caz

Any of you guys tried running an immortal game, ala highlander?  TROS is perfect for it.  
(Priority A human.  The "quickening" gives 1d6 spiritual attribute points.  Sort of a 6th sense Per roll to sense other immortals in the area)
   Anyway, I'm starting a historically based immortal game.  The PC's are personal retainers of Vlad Draculya.  He happens to be immortal, and also unbeknownst to the PC's, they are immortal.  
   Vlad personally picks them for his house retainers due to that fact.  He wants a personal immortal retinue.
   The game starts just after Vlad is released from a hungarian prison, not long before his death.  He chooses the PC's, trains them, and takes them on his campaigns.  The PC's could very well start as simple free soldiers, and Vlads special attention peeves his nobles.  
   Most of Vlad's raids and executions are disguised hunts for other immortals.  Besides, a prominent turkish noble is immortal.  
   Anyway, after all that, in Vlad's final battle, he's struck down by an arrow and then beheaded in a cool lightshow by his turkish enemy.  If the PC's haven't yet been introduced to their own immortality, the wierdness could start there.
   After his death they would likely go errant, and then, unless they die, the campaign could span centuries.

Kaare_Berg

Here's the campaign I am about to begin.

The kings only son drowned a few years back. He has several other sons, but they are all illegitemate. His only legitemate child is his daughter, Margareth, who is married to a foreign duke (causing two problems 1. she is female and therefor an unpopular choice among the misogynistic lords, and she is married to this foreign duke). She has a son however.

The king has forced the lords to swear loyalty to Margareth, which they hace done. However the King has gotten himself killed. Not wanting a rule by a woman, the lords have turned to the kings three nephews, and have gathered to elected the oldest to become the new king.

While they are debating this, the younger nephew, Stephan, lands an army and siezes the royal castle and more importantly the royal treasury. His elder brother, a powerful man in the church annoints his younger brother King for major concessions to the church.

This rankels the Lords, who led by earl Robert, a bastard son of the king, then rebell to put Margareth's son on the throne (with earl Robert as a protector of the crown, becoming king in all but name).

As civil war flares up one has three major factions battling for the throne.
1. King Stephan who has the backing of the church.
2. Lord Theobald, the duly elected king.
3. Lord Robert, the king in all but name.

Into this mess the charcters will be dragged as the kingdom slides into chaos. First at the periphery, then deeper and deeper.

I got to thank English medival history for this setting.
back again

Judd

Let me just get this straight in my head:

1. King Stephan who has the backing of the church.  This guy got an army together and with his brother's help and some concessions, got the backing of the church.

2. Lord Theobald, the duly elected king.  This is the eldest brother, the one elected by the Earls, right?

3. Lord Robert, the king in all but name.  The babe, Margeth and the Foreign duke's son.

I love fights for the throne, they're such great adventure fodder.  Rock on.  Please post some Actual Play as to how it goes.

AND THAT GOES FOR THE LOT OF YOU!

wolfsong, Draigh, I'm looking at YOU with your fascinating campaign concepts...

Draigh

it's in the works Paka... but keeps getting pushed aside by the bigger thing in the works :(

Kaare_Berg

Paka wrote
Let me just get this straight in my head:

You got the gist of it. This is history, it happened.
back again

Ashren Va'Hale

I played the amnesiac character in one of mayehems games, it was fun- especially when I found out I had no CP when I drew my sword and charged a bad guy only to realize I had only 8 dice total. I did learn however that the characters move score was pretty high once he ran like a sissy.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!