News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Burning Wheel Site Hacked

Started by Lxndr, January 21, 2004, 12:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lxndr

At least, as far as I can tell, someone fucked over Luke by hacking his website.  Ugh.

Sorry, Luke.  I hope the data's recoverable.  :(
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Luke

AGAIN.

SECOND TIME. Let's not forget the LAST TIME this happened.

Forum and Order pages are back up and running.

go quickly and copy out posts you dearly love or need! quick now!

rafial

Quotego quickly and copy out posts you dearly love or need! quick now!

Uh, well, it only seems like a few hours of posts were lost.  Backups are cool.

I am keeping log files of errata and new "official" rules that show up in posts though....

Luke

there's nothing official in posts!

the only "officials" are those that are available in the dL section of the site.

Everything else is still being tested and is either "recommended" or "not recommended."

Anyway, the site is back up. Seems we did indeed only lose a few hours of posts.

My nerves are fucking SHOT.
-Luke

Sammael99

Quote from: abzuthere's nothing official in posts!

the only "officials" are those that are available in the dL section of the site.

Everything else is still being tested and is either "recommended" or "not recommended."

Anyway, the site is back up. Seems we did indeed only lose a few hours of posts.

My nerves are fucking SHOT.
-Luke

I don't get it.

I can vaguely see a the reasoning behind someone hacking Amazon or Yahoo, for the challenge or as a political statement against the 'capitalistic' Internet. But hacking small-time rpg sites ? What's the point ? I just don't get it.

Anyway, Luke, good luck, we're behind you. If there's anything we can do...

Kaare_Berg

Yeah,

unless the "industry"* has come to realise how good BW is and try to supress it.

Love and support Luke.

*I was going to put a disclaimer here so not to get any of you guys in trouble, but then anyone offended by the above statement are probably guilty, so bring it on.
back again