News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Re: Revised Artha Rules

Started by rafial, July 02, 2003, 05:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafial

Quote from: abzu
also, a revised character sheet to accomodate the new info:

Hey, a quick note on the single page character sheet.  Under armor, it has separate spaces for upper and lower leg, which I assume is a throwback to an older version of the rules?  Because the armor rules just talk about leg as one location, and I believe that is the way the four page CS treats it.

Anyway, I noticed on the revised sheet you still have two leg locations, so I thought I'd mention it.

Luke

On page 106 of The Burning Wheel in the Special Armor Bits section, I describe wearing Half Leggings instead of Full Leggings..

I thought it would be convenient and responsible of me to provide a discrepancy between the two on the character sheet.

Often my players will wear full leggings while mounted (or when not moving too much), and wear half leggings when there is a lot of running around to do.

The forthcoming revised 4-pager will also have this armor set up.

-L

rafial

Quote from: abzuOn page 106 of The Burning Wheel in the Special Armor Bits section, I describe wearing Half Leggings instead of Full Leggings..

Right, and the functional difference is that you have 1D armor on your legs instead of 2D armor, and you have different clumsy weight penalties, all of which can be handled by the armor diagram on the 4 pg character sheet.

I guess all I'm saying as a newbie to the system, I found the upper/lower leg thing confusing, because it didn't seem to correspond to the rules, and I've had at least one other player be confused by the same thing.  Just a data point.