News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Riddle

Started by Sir Mathodius Black, July 08, 2003, 12:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaare_Berg

Quotebut i had one new guy in our group come in and he handed me a basic outline of his character and he was so obsessed with finding the riddle his SA's looked like this:

Desitny: To discover the ROS
Drive: To discover the ROS
Faith: Riddleseeking

The closest equivilant i come to in my games is that when characters have more insight and therefore have higher priorities, it could mean that they are comnig closer to enlightenment or something like that. the main game purpose it has is just motivation and a little bit of fun mystery, there isnt really any actual mechanics for "once a play has discovered TROS he..."

I see the riddle from a more thematic point of view. Where the riddle itself should not be an overiding question, but more something for the players, not the characters, to ponder. Thus the charater develops along his SAs while the player hopefully just develops.

Something which is facilitated, not enforced,  by the elegance and the brutality of the system (because nothing drives a point home like rapier between the ribs).

Naturally making it hard to have a mechanical solution to the whole riddle
back again

Sir Mathodius Black

Quote from: Rick...to truly live without fear.

thats an interesting idea but i would say (only in my opinion of course) that fear to some degree is healthy.  having no fear is either being A) stupid or B) fairly insane.  no matter how good someone is at fighting or whatever it may be, they are never truely perfect, hence there is always something to fear.  fear also help you realize your place in the world.  personally i would say somehting closer to "not letting fear overcome you" or something like that.
"God helps those who helps themselves."