News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Half-swording and chain mail

Started by Lebo77, July 08, 2003, 10:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

ATN? Maybe 5, but you've got a short range and low power compared to the full-sword. And then are you talking "long serpent" or "short serpent?" It's all pretty complicated, really.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Draigh

Taking into consideration that I'm not an experienced swordsman such as Jake, but as a kid I did get quite a bit of experience beating the hell out of stuff with sticks and what not (growing up in BFE will do that for ya).  I even made a couple of spears and poked things with them, such as the 55 gallon steel drum that was in the woods behind my house.  I noticed that when I would "choke up" with my left hand, I would get better penetration on just about anything I tried to stab.  I would think that this is the same principle as half swording.  My weapons training in Karate and Jui-Jitsu only helped to reinforce this... now, my question is this.  It seems to me that the +3 bonus for half swording should apply to any thrusting attack, armor or no.  Why not?
Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.

Jake Norwood

Well, technically, it does.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Draigh

I thought it might... thanks Jake.
Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.