News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

incubating a GenCon demo

Started by Paul Czege, July 10, 2003, 04:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Hey, I already did one! Somebody else cough one up! :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Valamir

How about Lassiter Redicaius the Master's midget chemist who invents all of the biomorphing formula...all in the name of science...
:-)

Paul Czege

How about Lassiter Redicaius the Master's midget chemist...

Awesome character name Ralph. How about a More than Human, Less than Human, and a couple of connections for him?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Valamir

Lassiter Redicaius (whom the Master calls ridiculous) was my twisted perverted Dexter inspired character from our Origins play.

Lessee:  Max Weariness and No Self Loathing for stats, he's driven like a slave but as yet felt no remorse for his actions.  He still thinks he's a genius on the verge of major scientific discovery.

More than Human:  He can craft chemical formulae that defy laws of nature and physics...except if he's actually helping someone.

Less than Human:  His diminuative stature means he cannot actually use tools and implements...except those sized for children

Connections....hmmm...adapted to this setting, probably one of the Masters earlier failed experiments which Lassiter kept to study but since adopted as a pet.

Paul Czege

Hey,

So, Danielle and I put the concept through the blender last night:

The Master
    Dr. Karl Oserlinde, 33, pale, and teutonic, with one bizarre and cataracted reptilian eye. Think linen trousers and white cotton shirts. He was raised from the age of 9 by Hindu snake charmers after his gambling-obsessed mother was thrown into debtor prison. He is operating Naja Spa, in an old Roman baths on an island in the Adriatic, catering to the ailments of wealthy Italians with his "curative" injections of snake venom and local roots. Rather than actually curing anything, the injections merely make the patients susceptible to his will, so he is initially able to suggest to them that they feel better, and ultimately able to bilk them of their wealth.

And that is what he Needs from the Townspeople, their wealth. Somehow, his mother has managed to exert an incredible influence over his life these past 24 years, entirely from behind bars, through correspondence. He gets minimally one letter from her per day. But that fact alone fails to suggest the scope her influence. She writes letters to dozens of people, most of whom she's ever met, a vast network of correspondents she cultivates in service to managing her son's life. She makes social arrangements for him, and breaks dealings she doesn't approve of. And he desperately Wants it to end. He Wants to get her out of prison, by paying off her debts, so he'll be free of her influence and can continue with his study of the medicinal properties of snake venoms and organs. And he's so very close to having enough gold squirrelled away that he can barely stand it. He is a Collector-Brain.[/list:u]
The minions
    A discredited nurse, who makes the "curative" to his specifications and administers injections under his supervision.

The director of the spa, who handles all the business except the injections and the wealth-taking.

A snake handler, one of Oserlinde's failed experiments. He keeps the snakes fed, and extracts the venom. I'm thinking some scaly skin, and seriously undermined brain functioning from too many venom injections.

And the Master's biographer.[/list:u]
The crisis
    For some reason, venom production by the snakes has all but stalled. The game begins with the Master ordering one of the minion's to burn the ferry. "No one leaves the island." He's too close to having the money he needs.[/list:u]
Connections (so far)
    A rich young syphilitic rakehell
    A little crippled girl
    A rich old widow
    The ferry boatman[/list:u]So...discussion...how about some More/Less than Humans for the minions?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans