News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Half-Fey

Started by Sir Mathodius Black, July 12, 2003, 03:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Mathodius Black

Just wondering why non-magical half-fey are priority C and magical are priority B.  Their bonuses, even with the extended lifespan dont seem to warrent priotity C IMO.  I think priority D might be a little better for non magical half-fey.  What the reasoning behind giving them such a high priority rating???
"God helps those who helps themselves."

Salamander

Quote from: Sir Mathodius BlackJust wondering why non-magical half-fey are priority C and magical are priority B.  Their bonuses, even with the extended lifespan dont seem to warrent priotity C IMO.  I think priority D might be a little better for non magical half-fey.  What the reasoning behind giving them such a high priority rating???

I am thinking it is because they are halfliong blood and are non-gifted. I mean, they do have a greatly extended lifespan under the rules. I also think that it reflects the rarity that Jake was trying to bring across. This has nothing to do with balance, but with the birth rate of such people... If you feel that you want more halflings in your game, then by all means, drop it a priority...
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".

Jake Norwood

Also, it's come up before but race priority isn't really about how many bonuses you get or some kind of balance issue. It's an issue of priorities...how badly do you want to play something that's so rare? Are you willing to pay for it?

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Sir Mathodius Black

i see what your saying.  my hombrewed setting, however, since fey are slightly more common, i think ill put non magical in priority D and magical in B for my players.
on another note about half fey, it says in chapter two under their description that they are slow witted and have low constitution, but in their descriptin in chapter 7 it gives no game adjustments for this.  whih one is correct?

Jake Norwood

Um...

Chapter 7. That doesn't mean that they can't be slow witted or low of constitution, but that PCs aren't...

Okay, so that's a dumb answer.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Sir Mathodius Black

oh well its not a very important question anyway lol