News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

All Hail TROS

Started by spunky, July 08, 2003, 06:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spunky

One great thing about TROS is how it has benefited my OTHER RPGs.  Just running a few combats educates players who previously knew little about "real" combat, and had previously thought of it in dry terms like, "I attack," "I backstab," and "I did 12 points damage."  Now, even if we're playing EXALTED, or SORCERER, or IRON KINGDOMS (D20), I find the same descriptions creeping in.  And even though D20 doesn't give them real benefit as far as the rules are concerned, they enjoy it more (and I have been known to throw in some healthy bonuses when appropriate).

Not really a topic for lots of discussion, but all the same.

Can't wait to play TROS full time, for a change...

Philip
Exterminate all rational thought.
                 ---Wm. S. Burroughs

Sir Mathodius Black

yea i know exactly what you mean, on the odd occasion when ive played a dnd game since i started ROS, ive changed pretty much everythig eround to make it more real, and even incorporated SA's into it to make the characters come to life instead of being "High Strength FIghter w/+5 Greatsword #277" or "Half-Orc Barbarian #098".  After playing ROS, i suddenly had all these simple ideas of how to make virtually every other game i play more realistic.  Kudos for that indeed.
"God helps those who helps themselves."

Mike Holmes

QuoteHalf-Orc Barbarian #098

LOL

Dude, I played that guy. :-)

But, yes, I think that TROS is having an effect on designers of combat systems as well.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Spartan

I've found that my budding HârnMaster combat houserules are increasingly influenced by TROS. :)

-Mark
And remember kids... Pillage first, THEN burn.

Jasper the Mimbo

I was barbarian #92. But I tried to break the mold, I had a straw hat.
List of people to kill. (So far.)

1. Andy Kitowski
2. Vincent Baker
3. Ben Lehman
4. Ron Edwards
5. Ron Edwards (once isn't enough)

If you're on the list, you know why.