News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Combat Simulator

Started by coryblack_666, July 28, 2003, 02:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coryblack_666

QuoteDance around him until he loses all his dice to fatigue.

Ok, and if your pitifull little weapon still can't deal the damage through the high armor and toughness?
Um and how does fatigue work?

One more question that's even more off topic, that free shipping and handeling deal, how long does it not apply to anywhere?like Canada??
Cory

Ben Lehman

QuoteDance around him until he loses all his dice to fatigue.

Quote from: coryblack_666
Ok, and if your pitifull little weapon still can't deal the damage through the high armor and toughness?
Um and how does fatigue work?

BL>  Fatigue means you lose dice from your CP as combat wears on, faster in heavy armor.  Eventually, you will run out of CP entirely, at which point your opponent guts you.

Also note that power attacks (spending a dice before the attack to get an extra damage point) are VERY useful against armored opponents and are, in my experience, the most overlooked technique in the combat system.  They are vital for light weapon users and low strength characters.

yrs--
--Ben

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: coryblack_666One more question that's even more off topic, that free shipping and handeling deal, how long does it not apply to anywhere?like Canada??

Uh.. I'll let Jake handle that one.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

coryblack_666

sorry that part was a typo
"How long does it last, and is there anywhere it does not apply to? like Canada?"

Yea i know what the fatigue does, but how do you calculate it?
Cory

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: coryblack_666sorry that part was a typo
"How long does it last, and is there anywhere it does not apply to? like Canada?"

I'll still let Jake handle it.

Quote from: coryblack_666Yea i know what the fatigue does, but how do you calculate it?

We can't give away all the secrets, otherwise why would you need to buy the book? ;-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

coryblack_666

Well if that's the only secret left for the combat that i havn't found than im not gonna buy it anyway :P. lol i'm j/k  I wan't that book so i know im not screwing my fight's up too bad.  Im sure i could just RP game's and use the combat system,but that book...I've gota get it!  I've only got crappy print out's that would be good for referance.  I should(HOPE!) to have TROS orderd on tuesday.

Thank's for everything so far , and the AWESOME combat system.  Is there a martial art's system? If not it should be in that next book your making(or ill make my own :D).
Cory

Jake Norwood

Yeah. We'll ship for free to Canada at the moment. I'm feeling good-natured.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Lance D. Allen

QuoteOk, and if your pitifull little weapon still can't deal the damage through the high armor and toughness?

Wait until he's mightily fatigued, then tackle him, knock him to the ground and wrestle his helmet off, then stick said pitiful little weapon in his bloody eye.

Oh, wait.. We're still talking about the combat simulator...
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

coryblack_666

QuoteYeah. We'll ship for free to Canada at the moment. I'm feeling good-natured.

Jake

Thank's Jake :D

QuoteWait until he's mightily fatigued, then tackle him, knock him to the ground and wrestle his helmet off, then stick said pitiful little weapon in his bloody eye.

Thanks.
Cory

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: WolfenWait until he's mightily fatigued, then tackle him, knock him to the ground and wrestle his helmet off, then stick said pitiful little weapon in his bloody eye.

Come on, Godlike programmer extraordinaire I may be, but I can't cover everything... :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com