News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Holidays of Weyrth

Started by Caz, July 26, 2003, 03:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Just to add a bit more flavour to some games, does anybody have any ideas for holidays on weyrth?  By religion, event, or whatever.  It's something to put in the background, or even make an adventure around, or give one its flavour.
   Here are a few ideas that are probably a given...

Probably the most christmas-esque holiday, Xanarmass (unless someone comes up with a better name :), celebrating/commemorating the death of Xanar/defeat of the betrayer/making of the sea of fallen gods.

A small feast day, observance or holiday on the anniversary of the rise of each moon.  Depending on the omen it was seen as, it could be cheerful, halloweenish, whatever.  moonfeast, moonfest, montide, moonmass?

Founding of xanarium could very well be a standard holiday throughout its former territories.

minor holidays for various saints, or sword saints...

Any more ideas/feshing outs?

Brian Leybourne

There are a few holidays and festivals scattered through the country info in book 7as well. I don't have my book in front of me to give you references, but they're in there :-)

You can always do with more of course...

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Caz

Oops, forgot about that.  I'll read it more thoroughly

Lance D. Allen

Hm. I could definitely see some interesting interactions with "The Feast of Xanar". Those Faith SAs might suddenly come into sharp relief if you've got a Stahlnish Atheist banging around with a follower of the Three-Become-One, and a closet Thayrist.

Or perhaps more interesting.. Travel within Gelure, and find yourself within a major city on the anniversiary of Uglub's coming to power...
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Irmo

Quote from: WolfenHm. I could definitely see some interesting interactions with "The Feast of Xanar". Those Faith SAs might suddenly come into sharp relief if you've got a Stahlnish Atheist banging around with a follower of the Three-Become-One, and a closet Thayrist.

Or perhaps more interesting.. Travel within Gelure, and find yourself within a major city on the anniversiary of Uglub's coming to power...

All along with obligatory demonstrations of devotion to symbols of the 'Emperor'. ;)

William Tell anyone? Or, to make it even more interesting, given Uglub's sorcerous tendencies, who knows what paying respect to such a symbol does to you?