News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

PLAY TESTERS WANTED

Started by roleplyr4ever, July 27, 2003, 06:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roleplyr4ever

Hello. I am in need of a few playtesters. www.geocities.com/grsgames/Index

I am more interested in getting Faerie Fire up and running, but I would also like to see GRS developed. My AIM name is: roleplyr4ever
and my email is: mnduelist@yahoo.com

Thank you ahead of time.
P.S. Tell me what you think of the games on this forum As well. thank you again.

Andrew Martin

Quote from: roleplyr4ever
P.S. Tell me what you think of the games on this forum As well. thank you again.

Faeriefire needs spell checking and grammar checking, and correcting as well. A large number of sentences should have their periods "." changed to commas ",". You've also confused "I" (the letter) with "1" (the digit) and the tilde "~" with mdash "-". "DR" isn't explained; I think it's an abbreviation for "Damage Rating"? Then I realised that it's an abbreviation for Difficulty Rating.

I think your section on "Character Creation" should come first, at least before the sections on magic spells and combat, as "Character Generation" is a foundation. Using character attributes seems confusing to me (but that could be my 'flu and medication dropping my IQ...).

Using "nuyen" for money is serious disturbing to me for a game that is "set in our world". "Nuyen" screams "Shadowrun" to me! Consider that I live in New Zealand and use NZ$ for currency, while most readers of this board live in USA and use US$; how does nuyen fit? You've given a symbol (n?) for Nuyen but haven't linked it to the name "nuyen".

For a game about faerie, the spell section very inappropriately uses exact measurements and Imperial units. This doesn't fit well with a setting that says, "set in our world".

Instead of using a strange symbol (x), use the word "range". It's much more simpler. Same applies to the magic weapon symbol as well.

I think you'll need to read Mike's standard rants. Also your rules seem to simulationist, yet, your text seems to call for a narrativist game system.
Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin

Quoted from: http://www.geocities.com/roleplaymatt/bdm
QuoteIf there not into buying the book, then go to Kazaa.com, download the book (it might take 4 hours) and print it out (may take ALOT of paper)...

I think it would be a really good idea to remove the piracy suggestion from your page.
Andrew Martin