News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TROS character submissions

Started by Jake Norwood, July 18, 2003, 05:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: DraighBrian: I don't think the chargen is busted or anything like that, the problem stems from the computer... but manifests in the number of forms that are on the skills and proficiencies pages.  That's what's holding it up.  

please note: this comp is a total POS and very prone to the blue screen of death.

Ah, fair enough. I assume BSOD = WinNT too, which is also a problem - the software wasn't designed for such an old OS.

Yeah, there are a lot of forms on those pages. If I do a V2 of the CharGen, I think I'll reorg the skills page (at least) so as to have a series of pulldowns and scores rather than implicitly having every available skill listed on screen, that would cut down on the overhead you mention and also allow the user to add custom skills etc very easily. Ah, hindsight.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Draigh

actually, it's win98SE, but who's counting?
heh
Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.

Ashren Va'Hale

jake, whats the sit-rep on the submissions? how many have you got and when can we expect to see them?
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Jake Norwood

I've got 5, and we'll be seeing them after GenCon.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Draigh

for those of us who can't get the chargen to work, would anyone be willing to chargen-ize a character for us?  I'd be willing to send a writeup and background, etc.
Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.

Brian Leybourne

I'll do a couple. Least I can do since it's my CharGenm that you can't get working. :-)

PM me. First in first served, I'm only prepared to do a few.

Brian.

p.s: I'm gutted nobody found my easter eggs yet (or at least hasn't mentioned it, anyway). They took me ages to put in... :-)
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Todd Bogenrief

Is the submission date open ended on these?  I have a lot of characters left over from my campaign that I could do up in the char gen format and send in.
-Todd "Bogie" Bogenrief

Jake Norwood

Sumbit indefinitely. I'll be putting what I have up later this week or early next.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant