News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Movement

Started by Rico, October 21, 2003, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Anybody noticed how incredibly fast the walking dead are in OBAM?  They should be called the sprinting dead.
   I've been putting together a zombie game with tros, but you have to fudge the attributes and derived attributes to get a proper brain eating shuffling zombie and still make it a threat.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: CazAnybody noticed how incredibly fast the walking dead are in OBAM?  They should be called the sprinting dead.

Ah, but that's because we don't believe in slow shambling corpses... they're just not scary (slash, step back, slash, step back...).

Fast dead corpses? Now THAT'S scary...

But YMMV, as always.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Lance D. Allen

I dunno.. Dead people that move, quickly or slowly, and occasionally mutter "braaaiinnzh" would scare the bejeezus out of me, personally.

Even if they didn't mutter. I mean.. they're dead people.. moving.

It still seems somewhat non-sensical though, Brian. Dead people's bodies just don't work the way they do in life, even when animated by a spirit and a movement spell.

but as you say, YMMV.

By the way..

Quote from: Brian LeybourneFast dead corpses? Now THAT'S scary...

Nah.. Fast living corpses.. Now that's what I'm talking about.

::wanders off, tongue-as-firmly-as-ever-in-cheek::
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Caz

Hehe I do like the zombies in OBAM, but for this particular one shot game I'm about to run I need the shambling dangerous in numbers brain dead flesh eaters.  
   It's going to be a sort of night of the living dead scenario, where the PC's are pregen peasants, around the year 1000, holding up in the local chapel with farm implements type thing.  Their lord will be off on business until the following morning, if they last that long, so no bite proof guy on a horse can ride in lopping heads off zombies to rescue them until I deem it appropriate hehe

Brian Leybourne

Hey Caz,

You should consider downloading "Night of the Walking Dead". It's an old Ravenloft D&D module, now free on ther web (through www.kargatane.com) and with a bit of modificartion can work really well as a "setting" for a TROS game, as long as you can swing the SA's and player investment.

Just a thought.

Oh, and:

Quote from: Lance the pedant
Quote from: IFast dead corpses? Now THAT'S scary...  
Nah.. Fast living corpses.. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Rude gesture to you ;-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Caz

Thanks, I'll check it out