News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Gods of War or whatever

Started by Jake Norwood, July 30, 2003, 03:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

I'm working on a quirkly little game based on the Gods of War mechanics I came up with last year. It's almost done being written (I've been working on it on and off for the last year) and I think I'd like to have it available as a PDF before I leave for Europe in late August. So I need Proofreaders, playtesters, and content editors. Some of you have contacted me in the past, and I'll be trying to get in touch with you. If you really want to work on this project email me at norwood@theriddleofsteel.net with "GRIT" in the subject line. You must do this wednesday or thursday, as I'm really working to crank this out quickly before I leave.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Farmer

Hello Jake!

What exactly is Gods of War? I am a little curious. By the way I think TROS is exactly what many gamers have been looking for, keep up with the excellant work!

Mike Holmes

From what I remember, Gods of War is a game about destroying things, usually with big explosions. Sounds too simple to be true, but that's what I remember. Action combat. I have the right game, don't I Jake?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Jake Norwood

Yeah, that's the right game. It's morphed horribly in the last week, though. I actually think that as a game it's one of my strongest designs ever. I'm really not sure how to plug it though, and so playtesters will have to help me out on that. I also want to rename it.

Imagin Feng Shui meets Cyberpunk meets the Lethal Weapon movies blended by a wicked consortion of John Woo and James Cameron with mechanics that have a little bit of TROS and a little bit of something that Jared Sorensen might have written, but mutated by ME!!!

I think it's everything I've ever wanted in an action RPG.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Morfedel

Shadeling

Quote from: Jake NorwoodYeah, that's the right game. It's morphed horribly in the last week, though. I actually think that as a game it's one of my strongest designs ever. I'm really not sure how to plug it though, and so playtesters will have to help me out on that. I also want to rename it.

Imagin Feng Shui meets Cyberpunk meets the Lethal Weapon movies blended by a wicked consortion of John Woo and James Cameron with mechanics that have a little bit of TROS and a little bit of something that Jared Sorensen might have written, but mutated by ME!!!

I think it's everything I've ever wanted in an action RPG.

Jake

Sounds wicked cool. You know I am up for it!
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Jake Norwood

I should have the first finished draft done today, and I'll be sending it out to playtesters and editors for proofing. I'll spend the next few days getting art together for it, then it'll be going up as a PDF around Aug 10th, maybe.

A print version will be available in October sometime.

Jake

Shadeling

Quote from: Jake NorwoodI should have the first finished draft done today, and I'll be sending it out to playtesters and editors for proofing. I'll spend the next few days getting art together for it, then it'll be going up as a PDF around Aug 10th, maybe.

A print version will be available in October sometime.

Jake

Coolness!
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.