Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 09:32:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 138 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fabulous Jake Norwood Signatures  (Read 1180 times)
grot

« on: August 01, 2003, 05:37:58 AM »

So, here's a question:

When you buy something at Gencon, do you always ask for a signature? I always have, but Jake seemed a little startled when I asked (as did the guy who wrote "Kill Puppies For Satan."

Seems like one of the perks of buying something direct from the author, and logical, but was wondering if I was alone on this?

Dave
Lxndr
Acts of Evil Playtesters

Master of the Inkstained Robes

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 06:08:31 AM »

I would feel weird and hokey, asking for a signature.  I'm not sure why I'd feel that way, but I know I do.  

But, on the other hand, I saw a lot of people asking for signatures from a lot of different authors, while wandering around the dealer's room, so it's not all THAT rare, I don't think.

Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming
Mike Holmes
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 08:13:02 AM »

It happens a lot. But, frankly, as a small author, it still sorta startles me when somebody asks for a signature. "You want my signature?" s what goes throught my head. I'll bet Jake feels the same.

Mike

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.
Jake Norwood

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 10:31:51 AM »

Nah, it startled me 'cause I hadn't though of it first...

Jake

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant
Jump to: