News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Returned from the Big One

Started by Luke, August 01, 2003, 12:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

So we are back and settled from GenCon.

you can read my thoughts on the matter here:
http://www.burningwheel.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130

-L

Valamir

QuoteAnother great and influential moment, was getting to play Riddle of Steel with Jake as GM. We playtested a Fey scenario he's cooking up. He's an exceptional GM, and Riddle of Steel runs incredibly smoothly. Honestly though, I was amazed by how close ROS and BW are. It's like two directors got the same script and went in different directions with it. The core elements are all the same, but the philosophy, outlook and highlights are a bit different. And for all those who are wondering, the Spiritual Attributes are really neat in Riddle, I played mine to the hilt. And in them I see Beliefs, Instincts and Traits—though now, I definitely see even MORE potential for BITs... But again, Riddle of Steel is a great game and I was proud to push it at the booth. I made a point to stress it as the coolest, slickest fantasy rpg out there.

Heh...yup.  Now you see why I was so eager to get the two of you together.  And if you were disappointed in not getting to finish the Uni session, I was even more disappointed in not getting to run through a BW scripted combat, from the look of the demos it was going very well.

Jake Norwood

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant