News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forum

Started by Mike Holmes, August 01, 2003, 03:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Hey Paul, are you going to open up the forum now that it's published? Maybe pull the 1.2 rules, but otherwise make it public?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Paul Czege

Hey Mike,

Having just cleared it with Clinton and Ron, here's what's going to happen with the My Life with Master playtest forum:

It was really successful for me, and for the game, so much so that I think it's worth preserving as a discrete object. So, as you suggest, I'll be removing the playtest rules document, and then Clinton will make the whole forum locked and "inactive," placed along with the rest of the Inactive Forums. I'll be adjusting the "Welcome" sticky in it to explain that the forum has been preserved as a historical example of playtest-driven design.

As far as having a place for ongoing discussions, I've been giving it a lot of thought. I'm conscious of the fact that there isn't much play enthusiasm among folks beyond My Life with Master to my other designs (Nicotine Girls and The Valedictorian's Death).

But last night I had a thought. One of the things I'm personally most interested in is experimental actual play...things that push beyond the simulationist and tournament-derived traditions of the hobby...strong setting-premise Narrativism, directorial power driven prequel scenarios that cast light on the details of what was previosly played, mainstream stuff...etc. So soon you'll see a forum billed as:
    Half Meme Press
    Indie RPGs by Paul Czege, and an experimental play labworks.
    Moderator Paul Czege[/list:u]Paul
    My Life with Master knows codependence.
    And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Mike Holmes

Very cool.

Mike
    Member of Indie Netgaming
    -Get your indie game fix online.