News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Ultimate Binding

Started by JSDiamond, May 06, 2001, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSDiamond

I was just thinking about this last night.  The idea came to me from an idea I have for a drawing inspired by Sorcerer.

Binding a demon is dangerous, -this we all know.  So naturally, we try to make that binding as unbreakable as we can.  But there is one 'bind' that is supposedly never broken: That between a mother and child.

So suppose a sorceress provokes (tricks or whatever) a demon to lay with her (or uses another sorcerer's demon).  She takes the pregnancy to term and has the demon that is bound to her in the deepest way, -it's her own child! Not only that, but perhaps the parent-demon also now feels some bond to the mother!

Now that's some dark sorcery.
So, I guess every Sorcerer GM is pulling their hair out by now!  Heh-Heh!

Jeff

JSDiamond

Ron Edwards

I'm all over it, Jeff.

There's a hefty portion of "The Sorcerer's Soul" which is all about demon kids, demon-human mating, demon pregnancies (NOT confined to the female, you betcha), and lots more. One of the scenarios in the supplement is centered around such an event as well.

Best,
Ron

Ron Edwards

Quick follow-up to this thread ...

We were battin' around Sorcerer ideas one evening, and I suggested either of the following.

1) A woman sorcerer whose demon is the fetus in her body, and she's so weird and obsessive that she never realizes that she's always five-months-along, never more nor less.

2) A sorcerer who's an embryo in utero, whose demon is the woman who carries him/her.

Wild stuff, with lots of potential variation in either one.

Best,
Ron

Clay

Ron,

That almost sounds like the relationship between my girlfriend and her daughter (save for the fetus bit), with the binding favoring the sorcerer.

One curiosity here is that the sorcerer is going to be the one to hit "Brat" stage.

Clay
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Ron Edwards

I should also give Orkworld credit for getting me in gear about this too. Not only is it such a, well, uterine game, but it also has a wicked-evil kind of magic based specifically on the corruption of childbirth and the mutilation of children.

I went and had a human-woman witch exploit an orkum household for its doomla-magic potential, such that the human woman was actually carrying the dead fetus from the ork mother-chief in her own womb ...

Bleh. At one point last night, one of my players looked at me with a mix of various emotions and asked who was responsible for these comments, me or John Wick. I copped to partial responsibility, but it's his doing too.

Best,
Ron