News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Jake's Gone Away for a While...

Started by Jake Norwood, August 06, 2003, 04:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

I am officially re-locating. This will be a very long process, as in the meantime I will be living in Europe (Albania, specifically) with my wife and her family. I am leaving Aug 20th and returning in mid October. While I will do my best to hang out on the forum from time-to-time, the fact is that I will have little-to-no contact with my business for that 7-week period.

So, while I'm gone, Brian Leybourne is head moderator of the TROS board (the change is official...now he can edit posts and do announcements, etc.). Please make it easy on him.

Driftwood will still be running, albeit in a lesser state, while I'm gone. Books will still be available through direct internet order and through your FLGS (well, as much as they are now). Don't expect much in the way of web updates, though!

Go ahead and post any questions you have here. Please refrain from discussing my trip, though. You can start another thread if you feel the need.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Jake Norwood

Since some of you have asked, I'll be in the Greater Nashville Area (specifically Murfreesboro) in October onward.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Hey guys,

Jakes off in about a day and a half, but is uber busy with last minute packing etc, so for all intents and purposes isn't around from now until he gets back and settles in his new home, mid October or so.

In the meantime, you're stuck with me :-) Don't bug Jake unless you really really need to, all queries etc can come to me. I'll be clearing Jakes emails anyway and the seneschals emails at the webpage.

Driftwood should go on pretty much as normal. I can still process orders of the core rulebook or OBAM, or the PDF of OBAM, just use the PayPal ordering buttons on the webpage and it'll get to me. Shipments are done the Monday after the order is processed, I understand. The second printing of OBAM will be available in a couple of weeks, but PDF orders can be processed right away.

Jakes in Europe, not Mars, so he may pop in from time to time. You never know.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jake Norwood

I'm gone. See you all around.

Jake

Brian Leybourne

Just a quick Jake update...

Jake's pretty much just cruising and relaxing, checking out museums and the like in Albania (where, he told me, "Gjergj Skanderbeg Kastrioti" comes from. Like, uh... yeah. I knew that... ;-))

The Albanian language is coming pretty fast too, I understand, since it kind of has to in the non English country of Albania.

He sends everyone his regards.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Brian Leybourne

Just another quick update.

Jake's left Albania, and has been spending time in Poland. Next, he's moving on to Prague (I told him to visit the Ossuary at Sedlec, anyone into roleplaying will most likely think it's very cool - hundreds of thousands of bones arranged into hauntingly strange designs and images and such).

He'll be back mid October or so.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Ashren Va'Hale

on the ossuary note, if you want a cool setting like that check out any tourism guide on portugal, there's a cathedral there made entirely out of human bones. ... most guides have some photos you can use for any game if you want to set the mood.
sorry for the tangental departure there.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Jake Norwood

Hello everybody!  

I'm back, mostly. I'm currently between homes and my internet access is still sporradic at best, but I'm back in the US of A and very happy to once again be in contact with you all and my life in general.

I had a fantastic time in Europe, in a 2 month trip that spanned the whole of Albania, Two cities in my beloved Poland, two in Austria, where my father was born, and four in Italy (Venice, Bologna, Florence, Rome), where it's just plain beautiful.

Driftwood Publishing is doing pretty well financially, and our production schedule looks like it will be on time this coming year (yay!), although my personal financial stability is groaning from months of Europe combined with unemployment...hah, that's life!

Anyway, it will be impossible for me to catch up with the boards in full, but I'll do my best to at least check out the most recent threads. If there's a thread that you feel I need to see for some reason, just bump it to the top of the list.

Again, good to be back!

Jake

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Jake's SigI'm in Europe right now...

Change your sig then, damnit!

Oh, and welcome back. Glad to hear it was a good time. :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Rattlehead

YAY!!!! Jake's Home!!!! :-D

Welcome back Jake!

Brandon
Grooby!