News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Palladium Fantasy Conversions?

Started by Morfedel, August 07, 2003, 10:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morfedel

I am getting back together with a few friends whom we used to RP together uintil 3 years ago; I used to GM a game and would alternate with another GM for his, so we could both GM and play.... but different worlds, not a shared one.

Well, we are getting back together again. Due to the recent influx of superhero movies (xmen 2, spiderman, etc), the group wants me to run a superhero game, so I'm running Godlike set in modern times, more high powered; for the other GM, the group has decided they want to play Palladium Fantasy, which was thye system both of us used to use as an alternative to 2nd edition D&D.

Ugh.  :)

It isnt a bad system... as an alternative to D&D :D   But really.... hehe.

Their biggest reasons is that it has a lot of flavor, particularly with summoners and diabolists, things like that, that have been an imbedded part of a campaign we had been playing for, well, several years.

They almost voted to switch to 3rd edition, because its a tighter system than PFRPG, but we just didnt want to lose the flavor we had in our original campaign.

I'm the lone champion of the smaller press games, such as TRoS and Godlike. So, I'm thinking of working on converting Palladium's magic system to TRoS. This way we would retain the flavor while playing a superior game system.

Anyone interested in participating? Or know someone who has already done so? :)

toli

I haven't given anythough to a Palladium conversion.  

I have been kicking around the idea of a Talislanta conversion.  I'm not really clear how to approach the archetypes or whether to ditch them entirely and just go with the TROS generation system with some quirks...NT
NT