News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

creating a new characeter

Started by Dan Sellars, August 09, 2003, 06:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Sellars

At the moment I am trying to create a new character to join our campaign, as one of the other guy's is taking over as Seneschal for the next phase (I did this previously).  One of the problems I have with character, especially in more "traditional" games, is that I try and create one that is too different, hence I get myself in to trouble trying to play it well.  I think one of the great things about TROS is how it welcomes individuality in characters.  Although this comes at a price? indecision ;-)

I've settled on the idea of creating a simple warrior character and which can then be made more interesting by adding twists to his character using Philosophy and SA?s.  

I don't just want him to be a valiant fighter type so started thinking along the lines of mercenary kind of character (soldier/thief skill packages), probably a follower of Ulric(God of Battle, Wolves and Winter in Warhammer where the campaign is set for any one that knows I was thinking of him coming from Middenheim, but he?ll be starting in Nuln).

I now want to make him 'real' this is where the problem lies, I want SA's and Philosophy that are going to be interesting but also, group friendly and useful (while not being there just to add bonuses to fighting ;-)

So far I have a few ideas but they don't seem to sit with me too well,

Faith: that Ulric will protect the brave
Drive: To search for his lost sister?
Destiny: To rise to greatness in unexpected ways?

I was wondering if any one would be kind enough to help flesh this guy out, assuming it interests you.

Sorry this is so long.

Dan.

MonkeyWrench

What about playing him as a sort of warrior priest? I dunno if you have the WFRP rulebook with you, but I remember that it has a set of strictures and beliefs for Ulric.
-Jim

Kaare_Berg

Does he know who took his sister (Hate)?
back again

Dan Sellars

I'm not really that sure it was justa an idea I was playing with probably somthing along those lines.

Or she's run off on her own and he's trying to track her down (Drive maybe)

As for warrior priest I ws wanting to avoid being too religious (a templer kind of character was one idea I had early on).

Dan