News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Problems with my gaming group (long....sorry)

Started by MonkeyWrench, August 22, 2003, 08:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Alexander

As another example...

Quote from: Marco2. Re-establish commitment. The group I've fairly recently started GMing for had technically just broken up (and the break up was regretted by those involved) due to not being able to get anything started.

A group I used to play with broke up several years ago, mainly due to geographic logistics. Attempts were made in fits and starts to keep the group together, but play never seemed to occur, and on the occaissions where it did it was a bit unsatisfying. It seems a common phenomena, it's been talked about in other threads though I can't seem to find them at the moment. Recently though, I made a recommitment with one of the old players who is still local, and we've started playing again regularly.

We're both trying out new things, we're both headed on a similar road, though perhaps in slightly different places it's beginning to dovetail. I'm probably going to give a call to another aquaintence who may be interested, so basically we're building again from scratch.

I guess my point is that even if you decided to leave the group you don't have to try and fly blind into an entirely new one. It's completely possible that at least one or more of your current players might renew interest if taken out of the current group setting. Sometimes a jolt is what people need.

-Tim