News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Bought it, Love it

Started by Nick the Nevermet, August 13, 2003, 03:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Nevermet

Hi.  I'd like to say more, but the subject line says it all.  MLWM is disturbingly cool.

For some reason, when I got done reading it, I wanted to use it for a 1930 Mob setting, where the Master is the mob boss, etc.  That's one thing I love: because the game effectively zooms in on a specific set of relationships, the setting can be just about anything that can support those relationships.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for the cool game. :)

Paul Czege

Hey Nick,

MLWM is disturbingly cool.

Thanks. One thing I hadn't anticipated about the business of pdf sales was just how horribly difficult it would be to keep myself from emailing my customers...nagging really...asking Matt Snyder what he thought of the layout...asking folks how they heard about the game, and what they thought. Damn...absolutely no one warned me about this at all!

So, I'm very glad to hear that you're happy with it.

Anyway, regarding the Mob, have you seen Vincent Baker's suggestion that Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead is a nicely archetypal Master/minions story?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Nick the Nevermet

Yeah, that movie is a very good example.  "Road to Perdition" is another great movie with a lot of similar themes, but it doesn't fit as cleanly into the stories one could tell with MLWM