News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Nine Worlds website now online

Started by Matt Snyder, August 14, 2003, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Snyder

I just put the finishing touches on the Nine Worlds web site. You can find links to the downloads and the introduction text there. More will be updated as I get to it!

http://www.chimera.info/nineworlds/
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Mike Holmes

Looks nice. There is, in the lower right hand corner, a reproduction of the "downloads" button graphic with the diamond, but it's not functional and looks like it might be out of place.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Lxndr

It only says "Downloads" on the "Downloads" page... on the other pages it says "home" or "Fnord" or whatever...

That said, it does look out of place; my first urge also was to click on it, even if it is really a "title image" or whatever the proper word is
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Mike Holmes

Ah, I get it. Yeah, I clicked on it like a mad cliker man, when I saw it wondering what it was doing down there. Mebbe ahm jus slo.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Matt Snyder

Yes, Lxndr's got it. Its just a context thing -- where you are right now on the site. I dunno, might be too redundant, but it's staying for a while, anyway. Got plent o' other stuff to do.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra

Lxndr

I first noticed it when it said "Homepage" and discounted it as a link to the homepage of Chimera.  Didn't bother clicking on it, though, as I was only taking a brief glance at the time.

It wasn't until you mentioned it said "Downloads" that I went back and looked.  Sure enough, it said Homepage again.  That's when I had my epiphany.
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

W. Don

Matt,

Stopped by the Nine Worlds site. Groovy. I dig.

A comment on the layout:

The main area of the page where it says "Welcome, Sleeper, to the Nine Worlds" which changes content depending on the user's choice of Homepage | Background | Downloads | Discussion ... it's got a scrollbar on the bottom running left to right. I don't think it's needed and somehow just clutters things up for me. I've checked it on both IE and Mozilla (Firebird 0.6) and it's there on both browsers.

Hope that somewhat anal comment helps.  

- W.

Matt Snyder

Yeah, other folks are seeing the same thing. Bloody aligned tables and frames. I probably need to do all this as an iframe page, but for now it's just carefully controlled frames. Which is never controlled enough, thanks to that pesky horizontal scroll.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra