News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

SA's apply to combat pool or every roll

Started by kenjib, August 23, 2003, 06:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenjib

I think I've seen this question before but I can't find it now.  The destiny SA seems to pretty clearly apply as a pool bonus when it comes to combat and spell casting.  The other ones seem to be bonuses for each roll though, which would mean you get it for both exchanges in combat as opposed to the pool and similar for spell casting.  Do different SA's really work differently like this?  Also, it seems like applying an SA to both exchanges rather than the pool would be a bit overpowering.  Does it work better to just add it to the pool?

Thanks!

-Kenji
Kenji

Valamir

Jake frequently plays with the bonus applying to each roll / exchange.

I however, believe that SA, especially in quantity, are powerful enough as it is, and that adding them to each roll completely overwhelms proficiency and also eliminates much of the strategy behind regulating spending from the CP.

I firmly believe that all SAs applied in combat are added to the pool and only to the pool, to be spent like any other dice.

Brian Leybourne

I'm 100% behind Ralph on this one. But as he stated, you can play it either way. It depends on how "over the top" you're happy with your die pools getting :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion