News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Vericon

Started by Luke, August 25, 2003, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

http://www.vericon.org/

Sheesh, it's like this one is in my own back yard.

I will definitely be there. Dev, can you give us some hard information?
Attendance?
Registration fees?
Dealer's Table fees?

-L

btw, Cafe Avventura is, sadly, closed. Otherwise I would say we game there!

DevP

Ways to get to Boston: http://www.staticleap.com/chinatownbus/

I'll get attendence stats in a bit. It is a college con, fitting in a single Harvard building (that looks suspiciously like a castle), but the actual size varies. We've had big guests like Charles Vess and Pete Abrams, both of whom brought in pretty large crowds.

Pre-reg is about $10-$15, and registration is otherwise about $20. I'm trying to pass legislation to allow Con Volunteers to just pay $5 or such.

As for the Dealer's Table: because it's university property, non-profit status, etc: we can't sell stuff on site, although there is a *limited* amount of under the table stuff that does go on (we can't encourage it).

However, we've had most signings of stuff go on accross the street at either Newbury Comics (alternative store) or Pandemomium (spec fic/fantasy/etc). I talked with Pandemonium, and they seem really happy to carry stuff over the weekend on consignment, and host an in-store signing. The store had some indy stuff there (I saw at least a few Memento Mori games) and it seems like a good place. I can post some pictures of the palce up online.

In addition, it would be easy to schedule in time to run demos, and we would love to put a few designers on some panels. It might be fun to come by, not just as a budding publisher, but also to play in other folks' demos.

Jared's actually been a guest the year before last. Want to share any thoughts?

And is anyone else interested?

lumpley

I'm interested in a big way.  

-Vincent

DevP

Last year was 150 (a bit low, but Arisia, the uber-con, was just the weekend before; many people said that alone was the reason they didn't come).

The year before that was over 220ish people, and the year before that was bigger still.

DevP

Update: last year was more like 200, and the year before was about 250.

DevP

So, if you were coming to VeriCon, being the Indy Designer (TM), what would you want to do?

I'd love ideas for:
- Panels
- Expecatations of Demos
- whatever else

Luke

Dev,

Personally, I'd like a table where I could run the BW melee demos during the con. Someplace to hang my banner and display other Forge games. If Vincent is going to be there, perhaps we could have a "Forge corner" with a couple of small tables for us to run demos on, with a side table for the other Forge materials.

I'd be happy to do a panel, but I doubt I'd have anything intelligent to say. The most important aspect for me is to be able to run games constantly.

I sell BW at Pandemonium and I'd be happy to run a game there, too, as an adjunct to the con.

Oh, and either free or deeply discounted passes/registration for us, too!

-L

lumpley

I am not con-savvy, but I'd like to become so.  Tables for demos sounds great.  The idea of being on a panel fills my head.  I'd be thrilled to sell Forgers' games as part of your Forge East, Luke.

Not much help, I'm afraid, but I'm willing and I'll be there.

-Vincent