News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Invalid_Session?

Started by Nathaniel, August 27, 2003, 01:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathaniel

I've been having problems post.  I seem to always get "Invallid_Session" after I click either Preview or Submit.  If this post works, I'll be surprised and I'll go try posting what I originally wanted to again.

Nathan
I'm not designing a game.  Play is the thing for me.

Valamir

Easy solution.  When you get the error hit "back" to get back to the message.  Copy the message.  Hit "back" again" to get to the original thread.  Then hit "Reply" again to open a new message window and paste the message in and "submit" it.

The error is usually caused by taking too long to post a message and being timed out.  Sometimes when the server is very busy, you get timed out even quicker than you think.

The above solution works 9 times in 10 for me.  

FWIW I just had my first Invalid Session error in a couple of months again moments before you posted this.

Nathaniel

Hey, it worked.  Thanks!

Nathan
I'm not designing a game.  Play is the thing for me.

Brian Leybourne

I have not had this problem in a while, but used to have iot frequently. I found that the second "back" with the cut and paste isn't really necessary. Just click back once, then click post again. You might have to do this a couple of times, but it will work.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Valamir

Yeah, you're probably right about that Brian.  A few times I tried that though I lost the whole message, and while that may well have been from "user error", I now find the safer thing is to go all the way back...especially for longer posts.