Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2019, 05:36:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 96 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Money is Currency?  (Read 8505 times)
Aelios

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2003, 07:42:13 AM »

I discovered that my dissatisfaction with Hero Quest was a misunderstanding, a matter of scale. You don't pay for or purchase any basic equipment at all, up to and including livestock. If it's part of the character's profession it's there. If you need more equipment you can go home and get it or ask one of your relationships to give or lend it to you. Failing all that you can use your Wealth trait to go out and barter for it. Any value that any item has is purely drama. And although you /could/ have Lantern 13, you probably never would unless it was a magical lantern or if the lantern was somehow a plot element. I call it a matter of scale because of the "don't sweat the small stuff" aspect, only important equipment is purchased with Hero Points.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
-Atom Powers-
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: