News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Magic System Conversion

Started by Raymond Caleatry, September 05, 2003, 12:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymond Caleatry

As I have said in an earlier thread, i am trying to convert TROS for use with a more heroic setting.  This setting is "Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time".

As those of you who have read the books will know, the magic system is some what different to the system in TROS.  However i need to design a system that encompasses the feel and flexibility of the setting, whilst making it mesh nicely with the rest of the TROS system.

The Wheel of Time magic theory is based around five powers, Earth, Fire, Air, Water, and Spirit.  So i was thinking of using the vagaries style system, but limiting it to 5 sections, but with more levels of expertise.

I have already written most of the system, including some converted spells, for guidelines, but i thought i would see if anybody here has any novel idea's before I set them in stone.

If anyone would like a copy of the system I have created, just mail me.
"You sir, are a base coward, and false gentleman"

Brian Leybourne

If it's not "secret", why not post them here on the forum, I'm sure everyone would be interested in reading through them.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Raymond Caleatry

Because most of it is hand written at the moment, and i am currently writing it up.  If people were interested then i would write it up quicker.

Also i have seen many posts that people have written all about ideas they have had, that nobody replys to... so i was just testing the water you might say!

I should be able to post it tomorrow evening GMT, so check back then if you are interested.

Brian Leybourne

Well, I'm interested anyway. It's always neat to read up other peoples house rules and conversion ideas for TROS. Wheel of Time is something that I used to really like until Jordan ruined it by writing shit books after the 5th one or so, but the concept is still ok.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Raymond Caleatry

I totally agree.  Books 7, 8, 9, 10are a waste of time.

MonkeyWrench

I would be very interested in hearing your alternate sorcery rules. Go ahead and post them, if nothing else I'll read them and tell you what I think.
-Jim