News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

PDF Publishing

Started by GreatWolf, April 18, 2001, 03:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

I've been doing research on electronic publishers (for an upcoming article on the Forge, natch) and ran across http://www.enovel.com/">ENovel. This seems like it could be a revolution in breaking through the traditional publishing madness--if it could get some sort of legitimacy.

Would something like this work for RPG's?
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ron Edwards

Yeah, I know, Clay - your point and my post before it are in perfect agreement. I just got a chuckle out of reading the phrasing involved and decided to tease you for it.

Best,
Ron

Mytholder

Vaguely OT - piracy is a problem for "real" paper rpgs too. James Wallis told me he's found scans of entire Warhammer FRP books on FTP sites. He's also had people come up to him at cons with printouts of this pirate copies and brag about how they got them for free.

Sometimes, I think there should be a death penalty for roleplaying....

Clay

Clinton,

I think that what Ron's up to is something a whole lot like eNovel already.  Of course, now Adept Press is entering that crazy world of publishing printed books, but if I understand eNovel correctly, they're doing now what Ron has been doing for years.

The only thing I see are really different is that it's acting as a publishing house for several authors, not just a single author, and they're considering putting books out in other formats.

Clay
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management