News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Thanks for the quick authorization

Started by Overdrive, September 11, 2003, 01:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrive

Today at work I discovered that MLWM had been reviewed at rpg.net, so I read the review. Not 5 minutes from that I decided to get it. (not that I hadn't read about it before, this just triggered it.) Too bad I had left work when the authorization to download the pdf came in the mail, I'd have it printed.. tomorrow then.

First reading through, and it seems absoltely one of the best horror games around.

We're having an rpg weekend at my friend's summer cottage in a couple of weeks, and this is definitely one game that I'll run there. Lots of time and such. Any advice? Seems no real prep is necessary since the Master is worked with the players.. I'd still be more comfortable having something more than the two-three pages of 'Sebastian and Carlotta'. It has probalby have to be one-off, but I'll be able to extend it to two sessions about 3 hours each.

I already feel like more experienced GM because of the scene framing techniques presented. It can be *this* aggressive? :-)

Paul Czege

Hi,

First reading through, and it seems absoltely one of the best horror games around.

Thanks. I'm glad you're happy with it.

I already feel like more experienced GM because of the scene framing techniques presented. It can be *this* aggressive?

Have you seen Bryant Durrell's http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=7793">thread in Actual Play about the game of My Life with Master he ran for his group? There's good stuff on it about scene-framing and cutting.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans