News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Asylum: A First Pass Sorcerer One Sheet

Started by jburneko, September 12, 2003, 01:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nev the Deranged

Ron mentioned once that I injected a needed dose of reference into the Forge.  So here I am doing my job =P

Games:
Sanitarium (you mentioned this already)
Blackstone Chronicles (an absolutely appalling game based on a series of novellas that were also pretty good, all about horrible asylum hijinks.  And I do mean horrible)
Phantasmagoria 2 (an oldie but a goodie)

Movies:
Dark City
What Dreams May Come
(I could go on for a while here, but I won't)

Books:
Mythago Wood (Robert Holdstock, first book of two or three, about a Not-Here where all myths exist in every variation, by the power of our belief in them and reality is very psychoreceptively fluid)
Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever (a hero who slips in and out of a fantasy world... but rejects it as a delusion and adamantly refuses the role of hero that it's people offer him, with rather tragic results)

And this has nothing to do with the premise, but someone mentioned Little Red Riding Hood with an uzi- that would be Baby Bonnie Hood from the Night Warriors (aka DarkStalkers here in the States) series of games/anime.  She's a short blonde bounty hunter who dresses in a red hooded frock and carries a picnic basket... full of automatic weapons and high explosives.  Quite amusing.

And last but by no means least, you've mentioned the Maxx several times.  Avoid if you can the lousy MTV Oddities version and pick up the comic.  If you can't find the entire run (you need the entire run to make sense of any of it) or can't find it at all, and you live in the Chicagoland area, I have the whole series and would be willing to loan them on the stipulation that you are very careful with them.

Beddie bye time for me.

peace out, game on!

Nev the Deranged

Oh yeah, the other movies I was trying to think of are the Cell and Paperhouse.