Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 10:31:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 158 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Two Questions Regarding Defaults  (Read 998 times)
ironick

« on: October 11, 2003, 10:31:36 PM »

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but how exactly do the proficiency defaults work?  

I was under the impression from the book that you only use the defaults if you don't actually have the proficiency, but the TRos character generator counts in all your default points for every proficiency when you're assigning proficiency points.  Is this how it's supposed to work?  It seems to me that this would give you a lot of free proficiency points.

Also, does the limit of 6 for the default limit the combat pool to 6, or the proficiency to 6?
Salamander

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 12:17:03 AM »

Quote from: ironick
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but how exactly do the proficiency defaults work?  

I was under the impression from the book that you only use the defaults if you don't actually have the proficiency, but the TRos character generator counts in all your default points for every proficiency when you're assigning proficiency points.  Is this how it's supposed to work?  It seems to me that this would give you a lot of free proficiency points.

Also, does the limit of 6 for the default limit the combat pool to 6, or the proficiency to 6?

I tend to interpret it much as Brian did in the Generator. It just makes sense that the things you learn in one weapon can be applied to another with similar properties.

"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".
Ashren Va'Hale

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 12:24:08 AM »

ditto that and its default proficiency limited to 6. not cp.

Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: