News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

HeroQuest main feature in Daedalus e-zine

Started by Matt Snyder, October 16, 2003, 09:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Snyder

As you may have seen, the first issue of Daedalus, a new e-zine dedicated to role-playing, is now available:

http://www.chimera.info/daedalus/

HeroQuest fans will be very interested to read the informative Q&A with Greg Stafford and an outstanding article by Ron Edwards on his own groups actual play to redeem Thed, goddess of rape.

There are several other general role-playing articles as well. You'll definitely want to check this out.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

MrWrong

Maximum thanks for putting this together :)

Most illuminating and greatly enjoyable.

;O)Newt
Regards

;O)Newt

Ron Edwards

Hello,

It was an outstanding honor to be included. I also think this issue should be a go-to recommendation for newcomers to this forum.

I try to keep stickies from piling up at the top of the forums I moderate, but I may provide a set of links one of these days, tailored for new folks, like they have in the TROS forum. When that happens, the Daedalus issue will certainly be one of them.

Best,
Ron

Brand_Robins

Quote from: Ron EdwardsHello,
I try to keep stickies from piling up at the top of the forums I moderate, but I may provide a set of links one of these days, tailored for new folk...

I, personally, would like this a lot. Digging up all the rich information on Glorantha, narrativist gaming, and HeroQuest isn't always easy for us newbies, and a one stop shopping list of good introductory links would be a blessing.
- Brand Robins

RaconteurX

That is why the Lokarnos site was started... to bring together all things Gloranthan on the web into an information clearinghouse for fans new and old.

Scripty

I went over to the Daedalus site to initially read Greg Stafford's interview and Ron's article on Thed. I wound up reading everything online and then downloading the PDF. All I can say is...

Wow.

Great work. From the layout to the writing, everything is really great. Many nods to Ron for his excellent and (who would've thought) moving article about Thed. Also, I thought Chris Chinn's (Bankuei) article on myth was a real eye-opener in terms of what I have felt was missing from my own gaming experience as a player and a DM, defining themes too specifically and judgmentally rather than exploring the concepts themselves. Thanks for an excellent article, Bankuei. Looks like Joseph Campbell has got some competition. I plan on reading more, especially the article on Improv, later.

Great job. I've seen many online e-zines in my time. This one really blew me away, Matt. It seems I can't say it enough, great job. I was really impressed. Now, I need to talk to my wife about a PayPal donation... As with all things financial, she has the account, I just live on it.

:)