News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

WYRD (?)

Started by archangel_2, November 29, 2001, 02:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archangel_2

I haven't been around in a while, but I see that there hasn't been too many updates either. Any news? (A more firm publication date, information on the game, ANYTHING?) Just curious, as I'm highly interested in this game!

Daniel

hardcoremoose

Dan,

Hey bro.

Well, I can't really speak for the publisher...I'm just the writer ya' know.  My hopes are for a late summer release.  Read into that what you will.  :smile:

Take care,
Scott

greyorm

Read into that what you will.
John Wick has stolen your manuscript and run away to Hawaii with it, where he is currently gathering hordes of young, nubile women to himself via its power?
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

hardcoremoose

QuoteJohn Wick has stolen your manuscript and run away to Hawaii with it, where he is currently gathering hordes of young, nubile women to himself via its power?

Damn it, not again.

- Moose
(who feels inclined to pad his posting stats with meaningless one-line replies)

[ This Message was edited by: hardcoremoose on 2001-12-05 17:16 ]

mahoux

Taking the & out of AD&D

http://home.earthlink.net/~knahoux/KOTR_2.html">Knights of the Road, Knights of the Rail has hit the rails!

hardcoremoose

Quotewhy not, moose?

Whoops, I think I derailed this thread (such as it is) by being vague in my replies.  My previously post was only a joking response to Raven's suggestion that John made off with my manuscript.  I've corrected my previous post by properly annotating it with the quote I was referencing.  :smile:

So let's get this back on track.  Anyone got any questions about WYRD?  I'm currently writing, and John's busy editing.  Things look good.

- Moose

Balbinus

What kind of things have changed from the internet version?

More rules?  More setting details?

Different resolution techniques?

Other cool stuff?

Thanks.
AKA max

hardcoremoose

Well, nothing's absolutely final yet, but...

The largest adddition to the full print version will be a sort of "Scandinavian Primer", which would introduce the setting, characters, creatures, and other assorted stuff from the literature to the reader.  The format is going to be something easily digestible - maybe encyclopedic entries with illustrations (okay, I don't have last say on the illustrations thing, but I can hope, right?).  I have a book of Norse mythology that's set up like that, and it's by far the easiest sourcebook to cull information from.

There should be a boat load of new rules.  There's Nordic sorcery.  There'll probably be some optional rules for runecasting, especially in the areas of distributing narrative power.  There may be some stuff in there about optional reward systems the Ring-Giver can utilize - things like adding unique stones to a player's purse to encourage certain outcomes - but I'm not sure about that yet.

Of course, there should be lots of examples of play to help clarify how everything works together, and some practical advice for GMs and players.

Hmmm...I wonder if I've forgotten anything?

- Scott