News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

poop on cybercon

Started by poppocabba, May 24, 2001, 01:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppocabba

I recently received an invitation to gm at cyber con, but it appears they will only except  "mainstream printed rpgs" so for those of you that are concerned about such a manner might wish to express your disatisfaction

RPGHost.com Announces a premiere Internet RPG Convention - CyberCon  -- The RPG Host network, a network of 14 RPG sites representing over 2.5 million page views and 150,000 unique visitors per month, announces its latest creation - CyberCon

Dav

Actually, we (Apophis) are in negotiations right now with them to include an indy-RPG area.  They already have Sorcerer on their list of games to play, and are adding Obsidian as we speak.

I am hoping that with enough goading, they will add a web-published or indy-game area.  It seems logical, what with them being a web-based convention.

Don't poop on them yet, try to convince them that the indy-circuit has validity.  I am guessing evacuatinig your bowels on them won't convince them to do this.

Dav

Dav

Replying to myself, bad decorum...

Anyway, I just fired off an email to the webmaster at rpghost.com  I am hoping, that with some support, we can get indy-press games supported and welcomed at the online convention.  While many of you may be wondering why you should care, let me just say that opening the gaming community to the possiblities and widespread genius inherent in many of the indy games would do nothing but good for us as a whole.

I realize I am on a soapbox, and I realize that this may not be something any of you care about, but I think gaining recognition in the eyes of the rest of the gaming community is a must if the indy-press games are going to continue and grow.  If anyone is interested in helping out, please send an email to webmaster@rpghost.com supporting the presence of the indy game at Cybercon (please be nice).  

Thank you very much for helping out, I am hoping a tidal wave of support tumbles through the webmaster's box for the Forge and other indy-press sites.  Getting traffic through here, and recognition for us as a valid RPG interest could really help many smaller companies.

Dav (rant over, fantaical gleam fading)