News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Unable to Query DB

Started by Ian O'Rourke, May 08, 2001, 11:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian O'Rourke

I seem to be getting an 'Unable to Query DB' error message a lot? I assume this is an ongoing thing and it's not just me :smile:

I get three to four clicks around the forums and then the error appears.
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.

Clinton R. Nixon

Really? I haven't gotten one at all. I'll check the database and make sure everything's kosher.

Have other people been getting this?
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ron Edwards

Nope, not me. Very occasionally, the site will hang up as I'm clicking around it, but then I'll hit "stop" and try again and it works fine.

Best,
Ron

Ian O'Rourke

I'd put it down to something at work ( a very complicated network) but it's just done it here at home.

Now the weird thing is, and this could just be perception I suppose, but I'm sure it does it less when I link from the Adept Press site?

Not sure if this could even effect the issue though.

When it does happen I have to fully close my browser, go back the site and start again.

[ This Message was edited by: Ian O'Rourke on 2001-05-08 14:43 ]
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net

Clinton R. Nixon

The only reason I could think of for an error like that is too many simultaneous connections to the database. However, I have the max # of connections set at 200, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Ian--after you have the problem, it won't work if you just reload? That is odd if it won't.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ian O'Rourke

I can't just refresh/reload, I actually have to close the browser session and come back in. At work I'm using IE 5.5 and Windows 98 and at home I'm using IE 5.5 and Windows ME.

I'd say it was IE 5.5 but I can't be the only one using that (or maybe I am now, but I won't be in the future).

It's a swine, but then testing web based apps is always a complete nightmare.
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net