News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[My Life with Master] Black ooze oozes forth

Started by Ron Edwards, October 06, 2003, 11:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Sure, Josh. Ron we just had a series of posts about how Josh can't possibly play any more than he is. So this would constitute teasing, I'd guess? Unless you're inviting Ron to play in our regular game?

Ahem.

To get back on topic, my point was that there's a pressure to go for the Master as early as possible. That is, even if it's not a Gamist pressure, the fact that he's a rat bastard should be enough to get most players thinking about exercising their options as soon as it's available. And all I'm saying is that doing so it tactically unsound, leading to the largest chance of failure.

Now, Gamism aside, I think that you can dramatically rationalize waiting in many cases. The most simple rationalization being that play will go a little longer if you wait a little.

What you risk, of course, is the master getting to one of your sources of love, of course. But that can be overcome eventually. If things have yo-yo'd back and forth already, hopefully the GM will see that it's time for the Master to go, and refrain from driving for these protagonists connections. That's an invaluable pacing tool.

Just some things to think about in play.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Lisa Padol

"2. Could some mechanism prevent the currently numerically-possible outcome that Endgame rolls do not result in the death of the Master?..."

Yes, I've been wondering this myself. What happens if the Master keeps winning to the point where the minions just ain't  gonna win any rolls?

-Lisa

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Lisa, I decided that question was important enough to 'port to the Half Meme Press forum, in a new thread called When Endgame crashes and burns. Let's see what Paul says there.

Best,
Ron