News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TbA Non-Genre Specific Rules Core.

Started by Fishy, October 13, 2003, 01:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

OK, so the Subject line is a description not the name : That game is just called TbA (pronounced "Tab", don't ask). The theory is to create a CoreSystem with rules that are adaptable to pretty much any genre, and I think I've done it. I'm formatting the rules for publication and trying to playtest it ATM, but my players are wonderfully unreliable. Anybody want to look over the rules as they stand and give an opinion? If so then eMail me for the rules and we'll get back to here to discuss it.
Thanks in advance,
Fishy
You CAN take it with you, just don't expect it to work when you get there.

deadpanbob

Fishy:

If no one else has done so, Welcome to the Forge!

Is there any possibility of you posting the rules for download on a website?  PDF format or MS Word format (or even HTML)?

Cheers,

Jason
"Oh, it's you...
deadpanbob"

Fishy

The following is the address for a VERY Beta copy of the rules, there are holes in the skills list and sections need to be finished but the core of it's there and it should be usable with little effort really. It's certainly enough to get an idea of how things work.

http://www.crp.fogonline.com/assets/TbACoreRules.pdf

Andrew Martin

Quote from: FishyThe following is the address for a VERY Beta copy of the rules, there are holes in the skills list and sections need to be finished but the core of it's there and it should be usable with little effort really. It's certainly enough to get an idea of how things work.

http://www.crp.fogonline.com/assets/TbACoreRules.pdf

So why should I or any one else use these rules over, say, Fuzion? The advantage Fuzion has over TbA is that I can use 3D6 which are much more readily available than 5 dice of every type from D4 thru D20.

This site http://www.pdf995.com/ has a PDF printer driver for Windows that doesn't produce a watermark across each page, and is free.
Andrew Martin

Fishy

Quote from: Andrew MartinSo why should I or any one else use these rules over, say, Fuzion? The advantage Fuzion has over TbA is that I can use 3D6 which are much more readily available than 5 dice of every type from D4 thru D20.

I'm not saying that you should, necessarily, but I'd be happy with people who did. The scaling in Fuzion is actually a little funky and the system starts to fall down when you get up to the larger numbers - a common complaint. TbA's multiple dice keep the scaling under control and only come into play when needed. Even including advantages and disadvantages the dice don't vary much on Attributes, only on skill rolls. If you want the kind of versatility that TbA gives then buying those dice is the price you have to pay, most long-term gamers will have at least a couple of each anyway - especially if they played 1st or 2nd edition AD&D.
That said, thanks for looking.
Fishy

PS. The PDF thing is no longer an issue but I'm still formatting the files in PagePlus so the current version is an old one presented purely for evaluation of the content.