News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Dumb combat question...

Started by AnyaTheBlue, October 18, 2003, 02:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnyaTheBlue

Okay, I'm sure this is answered somewhere already, but I didn't find it while we were dueling, I didn't find it poking around in the rules after we finished the duel, nor have I found it noodling around here in the Forum or on the main TRoS site.

So, I'll ask seperately, and hope someone will take pity and answer.

At one point I got an excellent thrust in at my friend Anton's thigh.  He was already pretty incapacitated from cumulative pain modifiers, so the final wound was a level 6.  The damage table comments indicated that my weapon was stuck in the wound.

How do you handle this?  Does the weapon get yanked out of my hand?  Can I do a strength test to yank it back out?  Do I have to let go of it and back off?

At this point it was a foregone conclusion.  After this wound his Bloodloss target was 25, his combat pool was pain-modified to 3, and he was going to be health 0 in two rounds from bloodloss barring miraculous multi-ten rolls.  But I still want to know for next time =)

Anton, by the way, is a newbie gamer -- his only other table-top gaming experiences have been a couple BRP sessions I ran, and a single session of Star Wars D20 my brother ran -- he picked up TRoS faster than either of those (the character generator may have helped, here).
Dana Johnson
Note that I'm heavily medicated and something of a flake.  Please take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Salamander

Quote from: AnyaTheBlueOkay, I'm sure this is answered somewhere already, but I didn't find it while we were dueling, I didn't find it poking around in the rules after we finished the duel, nor have I found it noodling around here in the Forum or on the main TRoS site.

So, I'll ask seperately, and hope someone will take pity and answer.

At one point I got an excellent thrust in at my friend Anton's thigh.  He was already pretty incapacitated from cumulative pain modifiers, so the final wound was a level 6.  The damage table comments indicated that my weapon was stuck in the wound.

How do you handle this?  Does the weapon get yanked out of my hand?  Can I do a strength test to yank it back out?  Do I have to let go of it and back off?

At this point it was a foregone conclusion.  After this wound his Bloodloss target was 25, his combat pool was pain-modified to 3, and he was going to be health 0 in two rounds from bloodloss barring miraculous multi-ten rolls.  But I still want to know for next time =)

Anton, by the way, is a newbie gamer -- his only other table-top gaming experiences have been a couple BRP sessions I ran, and a single session of Star Wars D20 my brother ran -- he picked up TRoS faster than either of those (the character generator may have helped, here).

...or you COULD give it a twist in the wound...

I would say that you are still holding on to it and that you could spend a few CPs (Maybe 2 or 3) to yank it back out.
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".

AnyaTheBlue

Quote from: Salamander...or you COULD give it a twist in the wound...

I must be slipping -- that didn't even occur to me.  :/

Quote from: Salamander
I would say that you are still holding on to it and that you could spend a few CPs (Maybe 2 or 3) to yank it back out.

That was my initial gut feeling, too.  My other ideas involved rolling a ST test against the shock of the wound to pull it out, or alternatively to make a terrain roll.  Any of these would have been perfectly acceptable for a snap-ruling, but it was just a demo combat for Anton to see how the game flowed, and I'd kind of like to know if there are anything more official.  Even if there is, I might use my own ruling anyway, but i'm curious about the Official Answer, if any.
Dana Johnson
Note that I'm heavily medicated and something of a flake.  Please take anything I say with a grain of salt.